After years of intensive research, we have finally designed a dynamic microphone we could put the Mojave name on. Designed by Technical Grammy Award Winner David Royer, we proudly introduce the Mojave MA-D Cardioid Dynamic. While there are many well-known dynamic mics on the market, most of which are known for their “presence peak”, we set out to design the Smooth Alternative. The MA-D delivers a full frequency response without the harshness common to most common dynamics, creating the richness and musicality we set out to capture.
Designed initially to be a hand-held microphone for vocalists, the MA-D does double duty on all types of instruments.
- Guitar and Bass Amps
With its rugged design, the MA-D is perfect for:
- Live sound
- House of Worship
Audio Sample by Charles Kahlenberg
- Smooth Frequency Response – richer tone, higher gain before feedback
- Uniform Cardioid (Unidirectional) Pickup Pattern
- Excellent Off-Axis Rejection
- Integrated Pneumatic Shock-mount – to reduce handling noise
- Built-in Internal Windscreen – eliminates plosives – those annoying P-pops!
- Flexible Mic Clip
- Zippered Bag Included
Type – Dynamic
Frequency Response –
+/- 2.5dB 60-10,000 Hz
+ 2dB-6dB 30-15,000 Hz
Polar Pattern – Cardioid
Sensitivity – -53 dB. Re 1V/pa
Max SPL: Greater than160dB @ 1 kiloHz
Impedance – 600 Ohms @ 1 kiloHz
Connector – Three-pin XLR (Male)
Weight – .5 lbs.
Frequency Response Plot